CEO – Coal Mining, Mongolia
Erdenes MGL LLC is a state-owned limited liability company established for purpose of representing Government of Mongolia in ownership and development of strategically important mining deposits in Mongolia. As part of directives by the Government of Mongolia and the State Property Committee, Erdenes Tavan Tolgoi company, wholly owned subsidiary of Erdenes MGL, will be established to develop and operate the Tavan Tolgoi coal deposit located in the Gobi Region of Southern part of Mongolia.
Erdenes MGL is now seeking a qualified professional to assume the post of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of its subsidiary Erdenes Tavan Tolgoi company. The CEO is the most senior executive position in Erdenes Tavan Tolgoi. Since the Tavan Tolgoi mine is a top priority for development of Mongolia’s mining industry an individual of the highest competence and experience is sought for the post.
Candidates shall have adequate qualifications, expertise, and experience in geology, finance, and investment, and most importantly, abundant experience in mining operations. Candidates shall also be required to be impartial without any conflict of interests and meet the following requirements.
- Sufficient understanding of and desire and ability to contribute to development of Mongolia’s mining industry and implementation of Mongolia’s mining strategy and policy;
- An experienced and highly reputable mining professional, known in the coal mining industry, who brings with him extensive knowledge of best practices in the industry;
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in the mining industry, in particular, in countries with highly developed mining industry;
- An individual who can demonstrate a proven success across fields of the mining industry from business development, deposit evaluation, investment, mine planning, marketing, sales, and finance;
- A leader with good leadership and managerial experiences and skills who has at least 5 years of expertise and experience of being a senior manager in major reputable international mining company, listed on an international stock exchange;
- An individual who has extensive experience in both operational and strategic management (managing multi-asset mining business) and who can demonstrate a solid reputation and track record of planning, management, and production growth that has no “blacklisting” or major failures and problems;
- An individual with a bachelor’s or higher degrees in mining and business administration, investment, and finance obtained from college or university;
- An individual with appropriate higher qualification and experience in management and financial investment besides mining experience. Some exposure to working in culturally diverse and climatically different countries and regions is essential;
- An individual with a qualification and experience in regional coal market and international stock market;
- An individual with a high sense of accountability and integrity and no conflict of interests;
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and capabilities to work in a team.
The selection process will be conducted through following phases.
- To identify and evaluate candidates’ qualifications, expertise, and experience for short-listing purposes;
- To interview short-listed candidates;
- To make a final decision.
Governing Laws and Regulations
The Law on State and Local Property, Company Law, and Labor Law, and Regulations approved by the State Property Committee (SPC) will be applicable to the selection process of CEO. The SPC and Erdenes MGL will ensure that the above laws and regulations are complied with adequately.
Candidates shall be required to submit following documents.
- Expression of Interest;
- 1 most recent photograph (size 5cm х 5cm)
- Detailed resume/CV (education and work experience) and track record;
- Copies of certificates from college or university;
- Copy of passport;
- Letters of reference from previous employers;
- Candidate’s elaborations on plans for and assumptions of implementation of the Tavan Tolgoi coal project.
The above required documents can be submitted in person, electronically or via express mail.
Deadline for Submission of Expression of Interest
Candidates are required to submit expression of interest and other required documents by 12.00 pm (Ulaanbaatar Time) on September 20, 2010.
Interested candidates can receive the following information at the address below.
- Tavan Tolgoi coal deposit and its geological conditions and some studies thereon;
- Structure, organization, and management of state-owned companies, Erdenes MGL and Erdenes Tavan Tolgoi, its subsidiary to be established;
- Profiles on Mongolia, Ministry of Mineral Resources and Energy, and State Property Committee;
- Mongolia’s related laws and regulations.
* Note: An individual to assume the post of CEO shall be provided salary and bonuses consistent with standards of an international mining company.
Address for submission of expression of interest and other required documents and obtaining the above listed information:
Erdenes MGL LLC
Selection of CEO
Suite 37, Diplomatic Complex 95, khoroo/sub-district 5
Chingeltei district, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Tel: + 976-7011-0735; +976-7011-0625
Fax: + 976-7011-0725
Contacts: E. Undrakh (Mobile: +976-9917-1612)
T. Bilgee (Mobile: +976-9100-1122)
ERDENES MGL LLC