Name: Erdenet Mining Corporation
Company in Brief: Erdenet Mining Corporation is one of the biggest Ore mining and Ore processing factory in Asia. Erdenet Mining Corporation (EMC or Erdenet) was established in accordance with an agreement between governments of Mongolia and (former) Soviet Union. It started its operation in 1978. The main mineral deposit, extracted by the Corporation was the Erdenetiin-Ovoo area which locates 400 kilometers northwest from Ulaanbaatar, 180 kilometers east from Darkhan city, 60 kilometers northern from Center of Bulgan aimag and 140 kilometers from Russian border. The Erdenet is connected with East-Siberian railway network via Naushki station and to the Chinese railway network through Erlyan (Chinese border).
EMC has established promising collaborations with leading mining experts from Phelps Dodge, Inc.; Outokumpu Oyj, Finland; Bateman Engineering Ltd., Australia; Pacific Ore Technology Ltd., Australia; Brook Hunt & Associates Ltd., UK; KDEngineering, USA; Samsung Corp., South Korea and the world’s other mining leaders.
Its mission is to conduct efficient business to benefit to the stake-holding countries’ economic development and society at large.
The mission is in gradual and dynamic transition for production of the value-added ultimate products, thus, converting from the mining and mineral processing plant into a mining and metallurgical trans-national company.
EMC is a Mongolian-Russian joint venture, 51% of shares is owned by the State Property Committee of Mongolian Government and 49% of shares is owned by the Russian Government. At present it is a fairly large complex processing 25 million tons of ore per year and producing over 530.0 thousand tons of copper concentrate and 3.0 thousand tons of molybdenum concentrates annually.
• The first concentrate was produced.
• The initial sequence of operation of the Mineral processing plant having an annual capacity of 4 million tons of ore was commissioned.
• The second operational commissioning of the Mineral processing plant with the development of its annual ore processing capacity up to 8 million tons.
• Launched the fourth sequence of operations of the Mineral processing plant with the development of its annual ore processing capacity up to 16 million tons.
• Launched the fifth sequence of operations of the Mineral processing plant with the development of its annual ore processing capacity up to 20 million tons. The overall production reached 1 million tons of copper in concentrate
• Sh. Otgonbileg was appointed as the Director-General by the 22nd Board Session of EMC /Erdenet Mining Corporation/ for the third time.
• Approved the Strategic Development Concept for 1994-2004 of EMC.
• The Explosive Plant of EMC was commissioned into operation and suspended the foreign import of high cost explosives.
• Upgraded the technical advancement completely to the flotation equipments of the Mineral processing plant.
• Started the utilization of drilling machines СБШ-250МНА at the site of Open Pit. 1996
• In connection with the Strategic Development Concept for 1994-2004, the resolution No. 05 by the Government of Mongolia was passed to carry out a complete technical modernizations over the EMC.
• BELAZ Dumptrucks with load capacity of 40 tons were halted due to the use of Caterpillar dump trucks with load of 136 tons by America and BELAZ-7512 dump trucks with load of 120 tons by Belarus for transportations respectively.
• EMC had been supplied its power consumption by Russia directly.
• Upgraded Excavators ЭКГ-10 was launched to the transportation at Open Pit mine.
• EMC produced overall 2 million of copper in concentrate.
• D. Dorligjav was appointed as the Director-General of EMC by the 27th Board Session of EMC.
• The second step decision was passed by the 31st Board Session of EMC to privatized the currently owned apartments by the employees in spite of their years-of-service.
• The decision to privatize the currently owned apartments passed by the 29th Board Session of EMC to those employees whose years-of-service were above 15 years for the first time.
• Kh. Narankhuu was appointed as the director-general of EMC by the 30th Board Session of EMC.
• Rougher concentrate section was launched into operations and the annual capacity to process ore had reached 24 million tons.
2001• Thanks to a complete technical modernization of coupled section I, the ore processing capacity of the same section reached up to 10 million tons. 2002
• Launched the BELAZ-75145 heavy Dumptrucks, capacity load of 130 thousand tons, for transportations at Vehicle Transport Unit
• Kh. Narankhuu was appointed as the Director-General of EMC by the 34th Board Session for the second time.
• Launched the “LIEBHERR” excavators, with a bucket volume capacity of 18 m3, for transportations at Open Pit mine.
• EMC produced 3 million tons of copper in concentrate since its commencement of operation.
• Thanks to a complete capacity achievements of the 5th sequence of operations of Mineral processing plant, the designed capacity had been increased by 50 percent, allows to process 6 million tons of ore annually.
Chief Executive Officer: Ganzorig Chimeddorj
Chief Financial Officer: Boldbaatar Dashnyam
Chief Operating Officer: Oyuntsetseg Khorloo
TOP 100 Rank: 1
Erdenet City: Headquarter, Bayan Undur Soum(Erdenet City), Orkhon Province, Mongolia
Tel: +976 (0) 1352 73501
Fax:+976 (0) 1352 23002
Ulaanbaatar: Representative Office, Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar
Tel: +976 (0) 11 320561
Fax: +976 (0) 11 312039
Moscow: Representative Office, Russian Federation, Moscow
Street-60 tiletiye Oktyabrya, Dom-9
Tel: +7 495 137 3003, +7 495 739 5362
Fax: +7 495 137 5287
Beijing: Representative Office, People’s Republic of China, Beijing
Suite1512,Beijing Silver Tower/North Rd
Dongsanhuan Street,Chaoyang District
Tel: +86 (0) 10 6410 6217
Fax: +86 (0) 10 6410 6219
Postel Code: 100027
45 Trinity Court 170А
London W2 6 HN United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 207 706 7413
Fax: +44 (0) 207 706 7413