80% of government and state officials will surrender from their party membership

Official statistics says that there are over 140 thousand state and government officials in Mongolia. About 20% of them including the President, MPs, Cabinet Ministers, Deputy Ministers, Governors of all levels and state owned entities, are political positions. Therefore, they are not to surrender their party membership. However, the remaining 80% will have to make a decision whether to choose a party or their posts.

There are no statistics at the moment on how many of them surrendered. According to the State Service Council, it will not issue the statistics by parties. As for the local self governance, governors and their deputies and advisers are the only exceptions, and thus are not required to surrender their party membership.

Leave a Reply